Friday, October 30, 2009

Dead Leaves



Right now we are in the Season of Dead Leaves.  This season occurs in the autumn, which I already wrote about in my blog before, so I'm not going to say anything more about it right now.







Here's a list I made of some of the good things about dead leaves:

1.  They look pretty while they are falling down from the trees.
2.  They look pretty on the ground, unless they are boring, brown dead leaves.
3.  They make excellent places to pee and poop.
4.  They make nice blankies for plants during the winter.
5.  They rot and turn into dirt and make the dirt better for growing plants.



And here are some not-so-good things about dead leaves:
1.  They can kill the grass if they stay there too long.
2.  They have to be raked up and put in bags and taken away by one of those big, noisy trucks.
3.  They stick to your feet, so you track them into the house, and then you have to rake the floor, too.
4.  If we poop in the leaves, Mom has trouble finding the poop and picking it up.
5.  They are noisy to walk in, so it's hard to sneak up on a squirrel.

I guess dead leaves are necessary because if the old leaves didn't die, then the new leaves couldn't grow in the spring.  And anyway, piles of dead leaves are really special and I like to pee in them!  Both boy and girl dogs can pee in a pile of leaves, which is not true of a fire hydrant, for instance, which only boy dogs can pee on.  And if you pee in a pile of leaves, then the interesting scent stays there a long time, especially if the leaves are damp.  And any other dog that comes along can tell that you've been there, which is Very Important for them to know.

Well, I'm tired of talking about leaves now, so I think I will take a little nap.  And anyway, I have to dream up a topic to write about tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin