Monday, September 13, 2010

A Haiku and Some Nice Quotes About Dogs

Here's a haiku that I wrote all by myself.  It shows how sad I am about the end of Cicada Season, and sometimes when you are very sad, the best way to express that is in a poem.  Anyway, here is my haiku:


Cicadas are gone,
crunchy memories only,
time for a long nap.



I hope you liked my haiku.  Now I will share some good quotes about dogs, which I know are good ones because I am a dog, and I am in an excellent position to judge these things.


Quote #1:


The dog is man's best friend.
He has a tail on one end.
Up in front he has teeth.
And four legs underneath.
  - Ogden Nash - An Introduction to Dogs


Quote #2:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend:
and inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
  - Groucho Marx




 Quote #3:

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. 


  ~ Andy Rooney







Quote #4:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made. 


 ~ M. Acklam

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin