Tuesday, November 2, 2010

UPDATE!


Well, I had totally planned to write about African penguins today, but Mom was all busy and stuff, and she wanted to watch some dumb TV programs last night instead of helping me do research on African penguins.  But she said I can write about them tomorrow, so I will.

Anyway, here's what's going on in our exciting lives.  First of all, Gabe doesn't want to eat his food anymore, which is silly because food is yummy and should definitely be eaten.  So Mom has been making him a scrambled egg every morning to get him to eat, which is totally unfair because she doesn't give any eggs to the rest of us dogs.

Mom called Dr. Patricia's office to ask if Gabe wasn't eating because he got his prednisone dose made smaller or because he is taking antibiotics or what.  Dr. Patricia thinks it is maybe because of the prednisone, but she can't prove anything unless Gabe is losing weight.  She told Mom not to give Gabe any more eggs because she thinks Gabe is playing a game with Mom in order to trick her into giving him an egg.  I don't know if Gabe is tricking Mom or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was, and I think it serves him right not to get any more eggs!

Meanwhile, Charlie started dripping some kitty pee with blood in it, so Mom took him to the shelter yesterday because Dr. Michelle wanted to look at him.  Charlie meowed loudly at Mom all the way to the shelter, which Mom did not like very much.  Then when they got there, Charlie didn't have any pee in his bladder, so he had to wait 3 hours while Mom was playing with dogs and shredding newspapers and stuff, and after that he still didn't have any pee in his bladder.  So Mom decided to leave Charlie there until Wednesday so that Dr. Michelle can check his pee properly.

Oh, but here is the biggest news about the cats:  Mom has decided to adopt them!  So now I will have a kitty brother and a kitty sister.  I think this is probably a good thing, but it's hard to know for sure.  As long as the cats remember that we dogs were here first, everybody ought to get along fine.


Mom is taking her car to the shop today because she has to get an alignment.  She tried to get this done last week, but it turned out she had something called a "bent arm."  It seem like having an arm that bends would be a good thing, but I guess it is not a good thing in a car.  Anyway, they had to order the part from someplace far away, so it took like a week to get here.  Mom is going to wait for the car to be fixed and try to do some reading and stuff while she is waiting.

Let's see.  What else can I tell you?  Well, the leaves are starting to fall off the trees, but a lot of leaves didn't fall off yet, so Mom hasn't started raking.  Pretty soon she will have to start, though.  We dogs don't rake leaves very much unless we are trying to get to something under the leaves.  Mostly we just like to sit in the sun and watch Mom rake.

Oh, and here is some more news.  Mom is probably going to take me to visit Dr. Senter, the dermatologist.  I told Mom there was no need for her to do this, but she is worried about me because my hair is very thin this year.  I don't know why my hair is thin, but I don't mind if it is.  Mom asked Dr. Patricia what would make my hair be thin, and Dr. Patricia said it could be a food allergy.  Great.  That's just what I need!

Well, I guess that's all I know to tell you.  Tomorrow you should be ready to learn all about African penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin