Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We Love Sleeping!

At our house, we all love to sleep.  The dogs love to sleep, and the cats love to sleep, and even Mom loves to sleep.  So because we love to do it so much, we get a lot of practice, and we are very good at it!  Mom likes to take pictures of us sleeping because she thinks it's cute or something.  Of course, she doesn't take any pictures of herself sleeping, since that would be kind of hard to do.

It's also hard to get pictures of the cats sleeping because cats sleep with one eye open, or at least that is what I have been told.  So whenever Mom tries to get a picture of the cats sleeping, they wake up before she can even get her camera turned on.  But anyway, sometimes Charlie and Chloe sleep together in the green plastic tub.  They didn't do that last summer because I think it was too hot, but they do it a lot in the winter.
At night, the cats like to sleep with Mom.  First it was just Chloe who mostly slept with Mom, but then Charlie started doing it, too, after he figured out that he could walk into the bedroom without being eaten by Nicky.  So now Charlie sleeps with Mom almost every night, and Chloe also sleeps with her most nights, so Mom says that it is kind of crowded in her bed.
Sometimes when Mom is getting ready for bed, Chloe or Charlie will decide that the closet would be a good place to sleep because there are some old blankets and quilts in there.  Also, when it is time for Mom to do the laundry, there are dirty clothes all over the floor, and they smell like Mom, so that makes them nice to sleep on.  But Mom doesn't like for us to sleep in the closet because she is afraid somebody might decide to chew on her clothes.
Of course, I am very cute when I sleep.  Usually I like to sleep all curled up, because it's warmer that way.  Except in the summer, and then I sleep more spread out.
Sometimes I sleep with my head and front legs hanging off the sofa.  Mom thinks this is really funny, for some reason.
Mom says I snore when I sleep, but I find this hard to believe because it seems so unladylike.  Mom says I don't snore very loud, but that I definitely do snore.
Mel barks sometimes in his sleep, which is pretty silly-sounding because he barks without opening his mouth.  Also I guess he dreams about running, since his legs start twitching.
Barry sleeps in some strange positions, too, like with his head hanging over the arm of a chair.  I was too lazy to dig out the photo Mom took of him sleeping like that, but here's one of him sleeping on the bed with his foot in his face.  Barry doesn't bark in his sleep like Mel does, so maybe he doesn't dream the same kinds of dreams.
I like to snuggle with my brothers, if they will let me do that.  Mel gets very nervous when another dog tries to get in bed with him, and he will get up and go in another room.  So I can't snuggle with him.  But sometimes Barry will let me sleep next to him.
Nicky is getting better and better about letting me snuggle with him.  And sometimes he even leaves enough space for me to curl up in without falling off the edge of the bed!
When Nicky sleeps, he almost never curls up, even when it's cold weather.  He likes to sprawl out and take up a whole bunch of space.  Also he breathes really loudly through his mouth when he is sleeping.  It's not exactly like snoring.  It's more like when a horse blows out its breath through loose lips, if you know what I mean.  Anyway, that's the way Nicky breathes when he sleeps.  And sometimes he moves his legs a whole bunch, which we think means he is dreaming about being a race dog.  Either that or he is dreaming about chasing squirrels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin