Saturday, June 25, 2011

IT'S MY 500TH BLOG ENTRY!

Wow!  I can't believe I have written such an incredible number of blog entries, and neither can Mom!  And with both of us working together (although I did most of the work), we have written this big, huge bunch of words and put them on the internet for people to read!  I told Mom I wanted to celebrate this important milestone with a great big chicken-flavored cake, topped with cat-poop icing and cicada sprinkles.  And do you know what Mom said?  She said "Yuck!"  I can't believe she still doesn't understand what kind of thing makes me happy.  Anyway, she said we would do something to celebrate, but it might not involve the kind of cake I would like to have.

Well, it seems like this would be a good time to tell you some more statistics, because those are pretty interesting, I think.  Of course, the numbers are always changing on the statistics page, so I have to just tell you the numbers from one particular moment in time, which was 6:30 p.m., CDT, on June 24, 2011.  And I chose that time because it's when I looked up all the statistics before I started writing this blog entry.

So here goes.  The number of page views of my blog for all time is 424,882.  And the number of page views for 24 hours from Thursday evening to Friday evening was 2,178.  It looks like most days there are about 2,000 hits, so I guess you can think of this number as kind of an average.

Here are the 10 most looked-at posts for all time, with the date they were first published and the number of page views for the top 5 most popular posts.

LEONBERGERS  (Aug. 10, 2010)  43,755
CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS  (Oct. 8, 2010)  38,881
CANE CORSOS  (Aug. 3, 2010)  32,515
CHINESE CRESTED DOGS  (Dec. 10, 2010)  29,650
ROUGH COLLIES  (May 26, 2010)  10,710
ANIMAL HOARDING  (July 18, 2010)
EAR CROPPING  (March 8, 2010)
ANGORA RABBITS  (Feb. 25, 2011)
POLAR BEARS  (Sept. 8, 2010)
THE COLLYER BROTHERS  (July 7, 2010)



The post that made everybody get mad and write a lot of comments was the post on ear cropping.  This post has 36 comments so far.  Mom deleted a couple of comments that were too nasty or that didn't make any sense, but she left most of them because she says everybody has a right to their own opinion.  I still don't understand why people think it's okay to do this thing to dogs, but some people say the dog doesn't feel much pain, and that people should be allowed to do anything they want to their dogs because it's a free country.  Which makes me want to bite part of their ear off, also for the reason that it's a free country, and I should get to do this.  Plus it probably wouldn't hurt them much at all.  Hahahaha!

But that's enough about that subject which I do not really want to get into again!  One thing I thought was interesting about my blog statistics was to look at which entries got the most hits just in the 24 hours from Thursday night to Friday night, because these turned out to be a little different from the all-time most popular entries.  So here are the top five for that one day:  CANE CORSOS, CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS, SHIBA INUS, ROUGH COLLIES, and POLAR BEARS.  And if I look at the top 10 for the day or for the past month, I see that my entry on the KLEE KAI breed is showing up at number 10.  So it looks like people are finding it and reading it, and one day it may be much higher in the statistics.

Anyway, I think these statistics pretty much show the same thing that the ones back in January did, which is that people like to read about different dog breeds more than they like to read about the fascinating details of my life.  This is a little disappointing, but I believe there are still a lot of my friends who like to read about me, so not to worry -- I will keep on writing about this favorite topic of mine!  But maybe I will also write about more dog breeds, too.  Especially since the AKC just recognized 3 more breeds at the beginning of June, which is something I thought they only did in January.

Well, okay, that's all for now.  I need to go see if I can convince Mom to make me that special cake to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin