Sunday, September 4, 2011

FUNNY PEOPLE NAMES

First of all, I need to explain that I am not going to write about funny people who have names.  What I am going to write about is people who have funny names.  And now that you know that, you may be wondering where I got all these funny names, so I will tell you.  I got them from Mom's little notebook, where she writes down funny names whenever she comes across them.  These are not made-up names.  These are names of real live people.  Well, except that some of these people are dead, and Mom gets their names from their obituaries.  But they were real live people before they were real dead people, which is the point I am trying to make.


Anyway, some names are funny because they mean something besides just being a name.  Here are some names like that:


Purlie Gates


Roland Swim


Rowdy Offield


Joy Wrinkles


Florida Woods


Summer Woods


Linda Penny


Pearlie Winters


Harry Bush


Dusty Leer


Jess Wrigley



And other names just sound funny when you say them, like maybe they rhyme:

Verna May Day


Jill Hill


Ashley Lee


Renee Ray


Gary Bury


Larry Bury




Or they might sound just plain funny:

Journie Unique Price


Turner Rivenbark


Wrennie Dudding


Amelia Gravino Blatherwick


Kelley Kilcoin


Tardy Wulu


Blessing Butcher


Tausiflaur Butt


Woldemar Hellmuth


Deloda Hempenius


Rodrock Barn


Madonna Frysinger


Bester Leach


Well, okay, that's enough funny names for today.  I hope you enjoyed them.  Maybe another day I will tell you some more of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin