Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a Whole New Year!



Hey!  Guess what!  Overnight it turned into 2010, which is a brand-new year that's never been lived before.  And besides that, it's a brand-new decade, too.  So today I'm going to talk about how you're supposed to celebrate the new year.


One way to celebrate is with fireworks.  We already had fireworks last night when we were in bed, trying to sleep, so we can cross that one off the list.  We dogs don't like fireworks because they are loud and scary.  I don't mind them as much as Barry and Mel do, but still I think there should be better ways to celebrate the new year.  Like sleeping, for example.  That seems like a fine way to say hello to a new year because while you're sleeping, you can just dream about all the good stuff that will happen in the coming year.



Some parts of the world start the new year sooner than other parts.  Like in Australia and New Zealand, for example.  They are the very first people to do fireworks and stuff.  Here's a picture of new year's fireworks in Sydney, Australia.  I think they look prettier than they probably sound.



Another way to celebrate the new year is to drink champagne, which is a kind of wine that is fizzy and tickles your throat.  At least that is what I have heard about it.  I have never had champagne because I am too young to drink.  Also, dogs don't usually like wine, so I have no interest in drinking champagne anyway.  I'd rather celebrate the new year with a nice bowl of fresh water.

Something else that people do at the new year is make resolutions, so I decided I would make some and post them in my blog.  That way everybody can see if I keep my resolutions or not.  Anyway, here's my list:

1.  Get plenty of sleep.
2.  Eat at least two meals a day.
3.  Always pee outside unless it's icky and wet out there.
4.  Keep writing in my blog almost every day.
5.  Try to put up with my silly brothers, even when they are humping me.


I think five resolutions is all I can be expected to keep.  Mom says that my resolutions aren't really the right kind of resolutions because you are supposed to resolve to do stuff you are not already doing.  But that's a silly idea.  I like my resolutions just fine, and I am sticking to them.  So there!

Well, that's all I have to say for now except that I want to wish all my faithful readers a very happy new year.  And I hope you will all resolve to keep reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin