Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wallace and Gromit


We have been watching some DVDs lately, and they are about a man named Wallace and his dog, Gromit.  I really like these movies because Gromit is so clever and smart.  He is one of my very, very favorite characters.  I'd like to have him for a brother because he could figure out how to make a rocket ship that would take us to the moon for a picnic.  Tonight I think we're going to watch The Curse of the Were Rabbit.


Wallace is a nice enough man, but he's a little slow sometimes.  He is always inventing really complicated things, but then something goes wrong with them, and Gromit has to rescue him.  Wallace likes cheese, especially a kind of cheese called Wensleydale.  Gromit likes cheese, too, and so do I.  Most dogs like cheese, I think.


Mom says that Wallace and Gromit are not real.  They are just made out of clay by a man named Nick Park.  I think Mr. Park does a good job of making these characters out of clay.  He poses them very carefully for a picture, and then he moves them just a little bit and takes another picture, and then he moves them a tiny bit more and takes another picture.  Finally, after several years, he has enough pictures to make a whole movie.  We watched the Special Features on our DVD and that's when we saw how he makes movies. Be we didn't see him winning any Academy Awards, which he has done more than once.


Another character that Mr. Nick Park made was Shaun the Sheep.  I like Shaun a whole bunch, too.  Shaun is black-and-white like me, but he's a sheep and not a dog.  He is clever like a dog, though, and he is always getting into mischief and then he has to figure out how to get out of the mischief.

I told Mom I'd like to have a Shaun of my very own, and she looked on eBay to see if any were for sale.  Which there were.  There were a whole bunch of plush Shaun the Sheeps.  But Mom said if she bought us one, we would just tear it up.  I told her I didn't want a toy sheep.  I want a real sheep that could live with us and have fun adventures like Shaun the Sheep does.


Then Mom told me a sad thing, which is that we can't have a real sheep here because we already have our Legal Limit of pets.  Also, she doesn't think that farm animals are allowed to live in our neighborhood.  I asked if we could move to a farm so that we could have a sheep, but Mom said no.  So I guess I will just have to have dogs for brothers and watch Shaun the Sheep's adventures on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin