Thursday, May 13, 2010

We're Home!

On Tuesday morning, Mom put me and Gabe in our crate in the car, and she packed the car full of all her other stuff that she bought in Austin, and we said goodbye to Aunt Cheryl and to Hank.  Then we started driving.  We drove for a long, long time, all the way out of Texas and all the way through Oklahoma, and then we drove into Kansas.  And Mom stopped to get a sandwich for supper, and she fed us some kibble in the back of the car, and then we drove some more, and finally we got home!  And we went the whole way in one day, which took twelve hours.  It made us tired to travel so much, so we had to sleep in our crate all the way home, and then we got to sleep in our own beds in our own house, which was very nice.

When we got up yesterday morning, we found out it had rained during the night.  Then Mom went to Pooches' Paradise and got Mel and Barry, and they were tired, too, because they played with the other dogs every day at doggy daycare.  Also there was a huge thunderstorm on Tuesday, and Barry was really scared and he had diarrhea.  But the thunderstorm was all over with by the time we got home, so that was good.

Okay, well here are some pictures from our trip.  Mom took a whole lot of pictures, like 250, but who's counting?  I can't show you all the pictures because there are too many, but I can show you some of them.  And first I will show you this picture of me with my foot bandaged up.  All you have to do is look at this photo, and you will understand why I had to chew off my bandage.  Nobody can function with a bandage like that on their foot.  Oh, and by the way, I will just mention that my toenail is much, much better now, and I don't even have to limp anymore.

Here's a picture of Aunt Cheryl's other dog, who is named Gracie.  She is an airedale mix, which is why she has such a fuzzy face.  Gracie doesn't always like other dogs, in the same way that Gabe doesn't always like other dogs, so we never get to be in the same place that Gracie is because Aunt Cheryl does not want us to have a fight.

This photo shows Gabe in Aunt Cheryl's yard.  He still looks weird where he got shaved to have his surgery, and he will probably look that way for a while.  But at least that seroma thingy went away, so he doesn't look quite as weird as he did before.

Here are a couple of pictures that Mom took while she was just out riding around in Aunt Cheryl's car.  This is the state capitol building of Texas, where all the Texas laws get made and stuff like that.

And here is a restaurant called "Los Huaraches," which is Spanish for "the sandals."  Mom thinks this is a funny name for a restaurant because she wouldn't want to eat a sandal, but I think a sandal would be a nice, chewy thing to have for lunch, so I think this restaurant has a perfectly good name.

Okay, I have to go take a nap now because I'm still tired after doing so much traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin