Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's the ANNIVERSARY of my BLOG!

It was exactly one whole year ago today when I started writing my blog.  Can you believe that?  I can hardly believe it myself.  I really surprised my silly dog brothers, because they never thought I would stick with this project.  And even Mom was kind of surprised that I did it, but I showed them!  And now it's time to begin Year Number Two of blogging.

When I started wondering what I should write about in my special Anniversary Blog Edition, I decided I should write about ME!  Because that's what this blog is about, anyway, it's about ME and all the stuff I'm interested in.  In the beginning, Mom didn't think that I would have enough things to talk about to fill up a whole blog, but she forgot that I have an opinion about almost every subject you could ever think of!

So let's see, what can I tell you about me today?  Well, I guess I can say that yesterday Mom took us cicada-hunting because the weather was nice and cool, for a change.  She took me and Gabe out together, and I even agreed to walk all the way around two whole blocks without doing hardly any balking.  We found quite a few cicadas to eat, but there are starting to be not so many of them as before.  And they don't scream at us all the time from the trees, like they used to.

Mom is a little worried about me because sometimes we find a cicada that I don't want to eat.  It used to be that I would eat any cicada that I found, but now I am a little pickier about which ones I eat.  Mom doesn't know why this is, but I don't think I always have to explain my M.O. -- which stands for modus operandi, and that's Latin for "This is the way I do things, so deal with it!"

In fact, Mom is a little worried about me anyway because she thinks I don't have much energy these days.  But who needs energy?  In my opinion, it's better just to take lots of naps.  And besides that, I am getting to be a more "mature" dog, so I can't exactly go around acting like a goofy puppy all the time.

Okay, well, I've got a little time left over, so maybe I will talk about Gabe a little bit, too.  He just started taking some new orange capsule things because he has a very bad Urinary Tract Infection.  Yesterday Mom took Gabe to visit Dr. Patricia, and they mostly just sat and talked about Gabe and about how to keep him from getting more UTIs in the future, after he gets all cured from the one he has now.  And also they want to have him take less prednisone because the prednisone is doing some sort of bad things to him.

And Mom is worried that Gabe might have cancer in his bladder, just because she heard of a basenji on her internet list who has bladder cancer, and also because Gabe's sire died of cancer, but it wasn't bladder cancer.  Dr. Patricia said she thought Gabe's symptoms would be different if he had cancer, but she also said that if Mom was worried about it, they could do x-rays and a sonogram on Gabe to make sure.  Dr. Patricia is always really nice about letting Mom spend extra money on us dogs.  Ha!  So anyway, now Gabe has to go there on Monday morning to get that stuff done.  But at least he is allowed to have breakfast before he goes, so that is good.

Okay, well, that is the end of this special Anniversary Edition of my blog.  I just want to say thank you to all my faithful followers and readers.  It's lots more fun to write a blog when you think that somebody might actually read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin